Susan Wenzel is a certified sex therapist, relationship expert, clinical sexologist, and psychotherapist with years of experience working with individuals and couples and leading seminars and workshops. She holds Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Arts degrees in Counselling from Providence University College in Manitoba. She is a certified sex therapist with The American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counsellors and Therapists (AASECT). She is also a Canadian certified counsellor with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA).
Susan is a regular guest on Global TV, CBC-Radio, CTV, and CJOB-Radio on topics of relationships and sexuality. She has written numerous articles regarding relationships and sexuality (please visit media section for more information).
Susan was born and raised in Kenya, moved to Canada in 1999, and currently lives in Winnipeg, Manitoba with her husband and her two children.
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counsellors and Therapists (AASECT)
- Board Member of Concordia Hospital
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
- The Professional Association of Christian Counsellors and Psychotherapists (PACCP)
- The Institute for Sexual Realization (I.S.S.R)
- Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA)
Susan specializes in families, couples, and individual counselling. She helps clients deal with unwanted emotions as well as recovery from present and past hurts, disappointment, trauma, sexual problems, anger, anxiety, depression, and stress.
Her clinical approach is integrative and consists of emotionally focused couple therapy, psychotherapy, CBT, the gender affirmative approach, psychosexual therapy, person-centred therapy, and mindfulness. Susan is also a registered ASIST trainer (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training), for suicide prevention and intervention with LivingWorks education program.
Susan is a referral therapist for the following agencies:
- Compensation for Victims of Crime Program (Manitoba and British Columbia)
- Child and Family Services
- Community Living and disABILITY Services
- Aurora Family Therapy Centre
- Manitoba School Improvement Program
- Riverbend Counselling
- Emergency ResponseWork Inc.
- Manitoba Schizophrenia Society
- Various insurance agencies and more