My counselling services are available to adults’ clients of all cultural backgrounds, sexual orientation and sexual practices. My counseling services are designed to meet the needs of my clients as I am committed to putting my clients first.
By law and the professional code of ethics, any communication with our clients is strictly confidential. Generally, no information will be shared with anyone without your written permission. I have, however, a professional responsibility and duty to inform the applicable people/body and take appropriate actions, if:
• I am ordered by the court to release records.
• You are victim or perpetrator of child abuse, I am required by the law to report this to the authorities responsible for investigating child abuse.
• You are victim or perpetrator of elder or dependent adults abuse, I am required by the law to report this to Adult Protective Services or other appropriate authorities.
• If information about a child or dependent adult being at risk of abuse or neglect is shared, I may be required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities,
• If you threaten to harm yourself, someone else or the property of others, I may be required to call the police, or take other responsible steps to prevent the threatened harm.
If you are unable to make it to our scheduled appointment for any reason, please contact me 24 hours prior to our appointment for a cancellation. If for any reason I need to cancel a session, I will notify you 24-hours prior, to the scheduled appointment.
You have the right to terminate or take a break from your treatment at anytime without my permission or agreement. However, if you do decide to do so, I encourage you to talk with me about the reason for your decision in a counseling session so that we can bring sufficient closure to our work together.